Ever heard the phrase, ‘you’ve made your bed, now you have to lie in it’? Well, that’s me right now. I may be sitting in front of my netbook, but in the bed I made I am definitely lying. You see, I am in the throes of dissertation rush. I am also in the throes of marketing madness at work where we are about to launch a new product.
Now, the bed I am talking about is very full. There are numerous things standing in the way of writing a successful dissertation:
- Pressure at work (unfortunately timed, but not my fault)
- A friend’s wedding (not directly my fault, but kind of; Item 0.5)
- One day a week work experience (Item 1 in my bed)
- A very poorly planned holiday (Item 2)
- Procrastination (Items 3, 4, 5...)
So, unless you want to start falling asleep in front of the telly like your parents at eight o’clock like me, cut the procrastination, lock yourself away, and work, as I will have to do for the next six (non-consecutive) days I have free before my first draft is due.
Until next time. Adieu xx